Green Needham is a collaborative - an umbrella organization bringing together individuals and organizations living in, working in and serving Needham who share a common interest in building a more sustainable community through collaborative efforts on energy and the environment.
Green Needham was founded by Michael Greis and Wendy Surr over the summer of 2006 and held its inaugural meeting on September 29, 2006.
- Michael Greis is the chair of Green Needham.
- We have a Steering Committee that provides long-term guidance as well as active leadership for our projects.
- Work pages for the Steering Committee
- Green Needham Overview - Presentation
- Green Needham Overview - Handout Version - 3 pages per sheet
- Green Needham History
- Joining Green Needham
- Collaborating Organizations
- Other Communities - Groups and organizations in other Massachusetts communities
- Outreach - Green Needham outreach, education and communications projects
Green Needham Mission
To advance local projects and action that will help:
- Reduce the use of fossil fuels
- Save money on energy
- Promote innovation in energy conservation and energy production, including renewable energy
- Offer collaborative, educational opportunities for Needham Public Schools and Olin College students
How does Green Needham work?
Green Needham is a community-wide nexus for energy and the environment
- Encourage networking and collaboration among Needham institutions, community organizations, businesses and individuals
- Spawn and support action teams & local green initiatives
- Educate and promote action by members of the Needham Community
- Reduce duplication by helping interested parties find and join existing efforts
- Generate community-wide engagement by putting a single face on diverse efforts
Green Needham Organization