Wind Turbine Feasibility/Updates
From Green Needham
(May 15th, 2009) We have lined up the next steps for the Wind Feasibility study which will move forward once Town Meeting finally ends.
- The first is work with Lee Newman, the Town's Planning Director, on the development of a zoning by-law to permit the erection of the 60 meter Met Tower at the RTS.
- The second is the creation of an engineering plan for the installation of the Tower which must be submitted to the State DEP for approval.
- Preliminary work on that was done by the Town Engineer earlier this year. We will be convening a meeting with the Town Engineer, including other staff and professionals who may be able to help, to create a plan and timetable for getting that work done.
- Chip Laffey will schedule a time to present those plans to the Selectmen for their support.
- Our goal is to have a by-law passed at the November Special Town Meeting with construction of the tower to start shortly thereafter.