From Green Needham
June 24, 2009 - Schools 10% Energy Challenge Results
- Needham school families provide an energy boost to 10% Challenge results with successful spring campaign
April 23, 2009 - Needham Rises to the (10%) Challenge!
- On Earth Day, April 22nd, a group gathered at Needham’s Town Hall to recognize and celebrate a community-wide effort to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, cut energy use and save money. Green Needham Chair Michael Greis announced the successful completion of the initial phase of Green Needham’s 10% Energy Challenge, presenting awards to community groups that stepped up to take the challenge, helping drive community awareness and participation.
April 3, 2009 - Announcement of May 3rd Environmental Stewardship Workshop
- The Green Needham Collaborative, in cooperation with the Needham Clergy Association, invites Needham Houses of Worship to a free, two-hour workshop on Environmental Stewardship. This workshop will focus on how to cut energy costs, thus reaping the financial, environmental and spiritual benefits of increasing the sustainability of your facilities.
January 7, 2009 - Announcement of the 10% Challenge
- Green Needham Collaborative has created the 10% Energy Challenge, a Web-based program for reducing your carbon footprint by 10 percent. Visit challenge.greenneedham.org , click a few buttons, and let the program do the number crunching.
- An overwhelmingly positive response to the Needham Solar Challenge puts the town only 47 donors away from earning not one, but two solar panels. With donations in from two hundred and fifty-three local residents and businesses Needham has already secured its first 2 kW solar array. This solar panel will be installed on the roof of the Pollard Middle School. If the new Solar Challenge goal is met by June 30th, Needham can earn a second 2 kW array. Additional funds raised will go into a special community energy fund to be used for future projects.